Do you love peanut butter? What about chocolate? Coconut? Having a delicious, healthy, protein-filled snack ready for you to grab out of the fridge at any time?
If you answered “YES” to any/all of the previous questions, then keep reading. If you answered “NO” to any/all of the previous questions, then you’re crazy.
This super simple recipe is quick to make and addicting to eat. One thing I’ve noticed about recipes on cooking blogs is that you have to scroll alllllllllllll the way to the bottom of the post past 13 paragraphs as to why it’s the author’s favorite food in order to find the ingredients and instructions… which is really annoying.
To save you from doing just that, here is my recipe for no bake protein energy balls:
1 cup old fashioned oats
1 cup peanut butter (creamy)
¼ cup dark chocolate baking chunks
¼ cup semi-sweet milk chocolate chips
¼ cup shredded coconut
2 tablespoons local honey
2 tablespoons chia seeds
2 dark chocolate peanut butter cups — OPTIONAL (BUT RECOMMENDED)
* I used only all-natural, organic ingredients in this recipe. Do the same if you can, too!
Once you have everything, do this…
1. Throw all ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir.
* If you add in the dark chocolate peanut butter cups, break apart two (2).
2. Using spoons won’t work because the mix is a bit flaky in consistency, so you’ll need to make the balls yourself by hand. You can pack them as large as desired. I was able to make 24 that were small-medium in size.
* If you’re feeling wild, roll balls in extra coconut flakes. If you’re feeling out of control, toast the coconut flakes in the oven/toaster first.
3. Place balls (I did 6 x 4) on a cooking tray then rest the tray in the fridge. Let them sit for at least 15 minutes so they have some time to harden. If you’re patient enough, unlike me who waited exactly 15 minutes, they should be solid enough to eat after 30 minutes.
4. Eat and enjoy!
If you liked this post/recipe or if you think it sounds good, please let me know in the comments below. And if you try it for yourself, don’t forget to take a photo and tag me on Instagram @morganmandriota so I can see how it came out.
Save this post on Pinterest!