Hi! My name is Morgan Mandriota, and I am the creator of hawk + pearl. As an avid writer, both by passion and profession, this blog serves as a public platform for my personal content.
I’m a contributing writer over at BuzzFeed, Betches, Thought Catalog, Hint Water’s The Quench, The GentleManual, and a bunch of other awesome publications. I currently work as a freelance lifestyle and marketing writer who specializes in creating engaging, shareable, SEO-friendly content on topics like health, wellness, travel, and digital marketing. I love partnering with lifestyle brands by writing content for their blogs. I also enjoy working alongside marketing agencies to provide content for clients. Let’s work together!
I graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in English and minors in Psychology and Speech Communications from St. Joseph’s College on Long Island, New York. Since graduation, I’ve started my own business and worked full-time as a creative content director, an SEO director, and a digital marketing project manager — but I can confidently say that I’ve found my true niche in content creation.
Let’s get personal. Here are a few of my hobbies and the things I enjoy:
• I’m a big cook and health nut. I mainly eat organic food, drinks, and snacks.
• My favorite grocery stores are Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods.
• I love health-conscious and eco-friendly companies, brands, and products.
• I train Brazilian jiu-jitsu (and I do the marketing for my gym. Check out Maxum BJJ online and on social media). Hi, gi brands, tea tree oil soap creators, and activewear companies!
• Traveling is my passion. I love road tripping, flying, adventuring, staying in hotels/room rentals, and exploring new places.
• I love nature, hiking, and being outdoors enjoying the sunshine.
• I take photos and film videos in my spare time. Watch some of my past travel vlogs on my YouTube channel.
• I’m into anything nerdy, geeky, techy, or quirky.
• I’m super thrifty and I’m always looking for the next bargain or good deal.
• I’m big on supporting startups and small businesses — and the closer to home (Long Island, NY), the better!
Because you’re probably wondering what “hawk + pearl” means, here’s a brief explanation:
Growing up, my father taught me to look out for and identify hawks, which are a symbol of power, perception, observation, and awareness. The middle name of my beloved grandmother, may she rest in peace, is Pearl — commonly defined as “a precious thing; the finest example of something.” The name hawk + pearl was chosen to represent the integration of these two special parts of my life and to blend the strength of a hawk and the beauty of a pearl through the writing style of my content.
This blog is dedicated to my parents, my family, my friends, and those who motivate me to pursue my dreams. Thank you for your love and inspiration.
Welcome to hawk + pearl. Follow me on my journey.